POOL AREA SAFETY RULES
The following are the pool area safety rules. If they are not followed by the members, it is the lifeguard’s responsibility to correct the offenders in a respectful and courteous manner. If the offenders persist on breaking the rules, they will be referred to the manager, and they will be dismissed from the pool area for the appropriate amount of time (a minimum of one day and a maximum of the entire summer).
1. All children under 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
2. No running at any time.
3. No horseplay, wrestling, pushing, shoving, or holding others under water.
4. No diving into the swallow end of the pool.
5. Only a forward dive is allowed in the deep end. No flips, spins or back dives.
6. Follow the lifeguards instructions at all times.
7. Do not distract the lifeguards in any way.
8. You must have a proper bathing suit.
9. If a member cannot swim, they cannot be in the deep end for any reason.
10. No water balloons.
11. Respect all other members at all times.
12. Infants should wear swimming diapers when in the pool.
13. Do not go in or near the water when there is no lifeguard on duty.
14. Only personal flotation devices that can be securely attached to the swimmer are allowed.
No flotation rings or boats.
15. Chairs and loungers may not be used to build forts.
16. Locker room areas are not meant to be play areas.
17. Outside food may not be brought into the pool area.
18. All food should be kept away from the pool and near the tables, chairs, and loungers.